We signed up for the Provo Library Summer Reading Program! Did you?
Rules (Borrowed from their website)
- Each child will be given one Summer Reading Log. If you lose your log, you must start over. Please don't lose your log!
- Make your own goal of how many minutes you will read each session and write the goal on the reading chart.
- Read books checked out from the Provo City Library. The number of books checked out helps us to monitor the success of our Summer Reading Program.
- Read six days a week. You may read ahead or catch up if you get behind. You may read more than your reading goal, but you can only collect one set of prizes.
- Bring your half-completed Reading Log (up to the blue star) to the library the week of June 25 - June 30 to receive a halfway prize.
- Bring your completed Reading Log to the library July 23 - July 26 to pick up your prizes! The library will be closed on July 24, 2012.
- Collect a Dream Passport from the Children's Desk. Attend a Canopy Capers, Toddler Time, Spanish Story Time, or a Make and Take Crafts program and receive a sticker on your passport per session attended. Collect at least eight stickers. From July 23 - 26, turn in your sticker-filled passport to receive a ticket to the Trick or Treat in July Party on July 28, any time between 10 am and 12 noon in the Provo City Library Ballroom. Children are invited to wear Halloween costumes!
Prizes for Summer Reading 2012 are a free book and a ticket to the End of Summer Reading Party!
End of Summer Reading Party:
- Thursday, July 26, 8:30 pm - 10:00 pm
- Exclusive pool party and treats at the Veterens Memorial Pool, 450 West 500 North, Provo, for children who complete the Summer Reading Program.
Provo City Library stresses the importance of a relaxed but consistent daily reading. The goal is to establish a regular daily habit of reading. There are no rules as to number of pages, numbers of books, or specific genres of books. Simply read each day, six days a week at your own speed. Parents and older siblings can read to children as well.