1 box of chocolate cake mix. (I used milk chocolate cake mix)
1 1/2 cups Graham Cracker crumbs
5 tablespoons butter, melted
Semi-sweet Chocolate Chip Morsels
1 jar marshmallow creme (7 oz)
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 cups powdered sugar
1 or 2 tsp milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners. In a bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and butter (you can add 1/4 cup sugar to this if you want the crust a bit sweeter. I only added the butter.) Add approximately 1 tablespoon of crumbs to the bottom of each muffin cup. Use a small circular object to press the crumbs evenly into the bottom of each liner (I used a baby bottle which was the perfect size.) Bake for 5 minutes and remove from the oven.
2. Add a few semi-sweet chocolate chip morsels on top of the crust in each cup. Then add 3 mini marshmallows toward the center.
3. Add the cake mixture evenly to the cups, filling each about 3/4 of the way full and bake according to package instructions until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for about 5 minutes in the pan and then cool completely on a wire rack.
4. Remove lid and foil from jar of marshmallow creme. Soften marshmallow creme for easy removal from jar, by placing in the microwave on high for 15-20 seconds. In a large bowl, beat marshmallow creme, butter and powdered sugar on low speed until blended. Beat in enough milk, 1/2 tsp at a time, to make desired consistency. After cupcakes have cooled, pipe frosting on top.
5. You can 'toast' the marshmallow frosting with a kitchen torch or just top with a rectangle of Hershey's chocolate.
I got my inspiration for these cupcakes off of a recipe I found at Three Pixie Lane, although I did modify the recipe slightly.Pin It