Lily and I went to the Provo Library a few weeks ago to sign up for their summer reading program. It's free, and easy to sign up if you have a Provo Library card.
- Each child will be given one Summer Reading Chart. If you lose your chart, you must start over. Please don't lose your chart!
- Make your own goal of how many minutes you will read each day and write the goal on the reading chart.
- Read books checked out from the Provo City Library. The number of books checked out helps us to monitor the success of our Summer Reading Program.
- Read six days a week. You may read ahead or catch up if you get behind. You may read more than your reading goal, but you can only collect one set of prizes.
- Bring your half-completed Reading Chart to the library the week of June 27 - July 1 to receive a halfway prize.
- Bring your completed Reading Chart to the library July 18-July 28 to pick up your prizes!
- Collect a World Passport from the Children's Desk. Attend a Canopy Capers program or a Make and Take Crafts program and receive a sticker on your passport per session attended. Collect six stickers over an eight week period. From July 18 - 28, turn in your sticker-filled passport to receive a ticket to the World of Magic Show on July 30, 10:00 - 10:30 am in the Provo City Library Ballroom. As tickets are limited, they will be given out on a first come, first serve basis.
- Prizes for Summer Reading 2011 are a free book and a ticket to the End of Summer Reading Party!
End of Summer Reading Party:
- Thursday, July 28, 8:30 pm - 10:00 pm
- Exclusive pool party and treats at the Veterens Memorial Pool, 450 West 500 North, Provo, for children who complete the Summer Reading Program.
Provo City Library stresses the importance of a relaxed but consistent daily reading. The goal is to establish a regular daily habit of reading. There are no rules as to number of pages, numbers of books, or specific genres of books. Simply read each day, six days a week at your own speed. Parents and older siblings can read to children as well.